Monday 12 November 2012

Go Balmi or Go Home! :)

Hi there everyone!

Today's post is going to be a review of one of my newest additions to my lip balm collection. 
It has been featured in a couple of posts already, York Haul and Obsessions. 

It is....BALMI

---------

Balmi is a pretty new product on the lip balm market and inspired by the American favourite EOS it has a new hygienic take on one of the UK's favourite skincare item. (well it's mine anyway.)

 Currently available in 5 flavours (with more coming in the New Year) which are described as being "perfect for every occasion and personality." There is...
  • Strawberry 
  • Coconut
  • Blackcurrant 
  • Raspberry
  • Mint (with added tingle)



I own the Strawberry, my mum owns the Coconut and my sister the Raspberry and I have asked them to help me with this post because I don't use theirs so to give an opinion would be wrong. 

To start I will talk about Strawberry which I own. I bought this in Boots on York's Coney Street where they were on offer for 3 for 2. With this offer being on I decided to treat my mum and sister too.

They sell for £4.99 which isn't too bad really, I mean yes it is a little steep for a lip balm and if you use it as much as me it isn't going to last very long but the idea and concept behind it is cool and unique and the economic climate at the moment is rubbish (but improving,) so everything is a little pricey. 

The packaging is really cute and girlie and also environmentally friendly. The cardboard packaging is cute in design the text is very appealing to the young adult and teen markets with the bright coordinating colours. The packaging of the lip balm itself is reminiscent of the EOS lip balm (unfortunately only available in America) which is a sphere shape where you twist half of the packaging off revealing a half sphere of lip balm.

This innovative idea is hygienic and fun to use!




The scent of this is amazingly strong and yummy! I just wanted to eat it :)

The product itself is so soft and leaves the lips feeling extremely hydrated, soft, smooth and smelling fantastic. 
I really think against competitors that nothing has come close to Balmi and I am a lip balm freak I'm telling you, I literally own nearly the full Vaseline collection! 

------------

Now I will hear from my mum and sister their opinions on the Coconut and the Raspberry.

First my sister with Raspberry!

  • It had a very smooth application
  • Leaves your lips really soft
  • The scent is really tasty and strong 
  • Handy pocket size
  • Good shape, easy to use 
My mum, pretty much said the same things about the products!

It looks like amazing things all round for Balmi!

What do you think!? 

Let me know! :) 


Geordie Beauty Junkie 
x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to learn what people are thinking!